CECA is a non-profit organization of elevator contractors and suppliers. We have been serving the interests of independent elevator contractors and vertical lift suppliers in Canada for over 40 years.
Over the years, we have nurtured key relationships with the various levels of government and numerous international associations and governing agencies. We are a strong voice for our members and industry in Canada.
CECA continually strives to improve our organization and offers many benefits which include but are not limited to:
- having a voice heard in all areas of the vertical transportation industry
- regional meetings (Western, Central and Eastern)
- participation at multiple levels and committees within our organization
- access to exclusive information pertaining to the industry in Canada and abroad, including our MCP Document Library
- access to CECA newsletters and membership directory
- annual conventions
- subscriptions to Elevator World magazine
- networking and information exchange opportunities with others in our industry
- special opportunities for product marketing for our supplier members, such as our Supplier Directory
- equitable insurance rates for contractors
- Fidelity arranged industry specific preferred Interchange Plus pricing (credit card processing) for CECA
- CECA Scholarships available for members and member employees – Please download the CECA Scholarship Information 2017 and CECA Scholarship Application form. French forms: French CECA Scholarship Information 2017 and French CECA Scholarship Application form.
We have representatives on the following committees:
CSA – B44 Code
CECA sits on the Canadian Standards Association group and assists in developing standards for elevator and escalator equipment. CECA continues to actively participate in the constant evolution of the CSA A17/B44 codes.
Elevating Devices Advisory Council (EDAC)
The purpose of the Elevating Devices Advisory Council is to provide a forum through which the regulatory bodies can consult with industry relative to its safety strategies, and receive valuable input and advice to help guide their decision making and operations.
Field Advisory Committee (FAC)
The purpose of the Field Advisory Council is also to provide a forum through which the regulatory bodies can consult with industry relative to its safety strategies, and receive valuable input and advice to help guide their decision making and operations.
Training and Certification Advisory Board (TCAB)
Comprised of industry representatives including those from CECA, the TCAB for Elevating Devices Mechanics assists the regulatory body in developing training standards, providing input into certification policies, procedures, and related regulations, as well as disseminating information to the industry.
Ontario College of Trades (OCOT)
OCOT’s mission is to lead the promotion, regulation and governance of skilled trades in Ontario.
Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU)
Among other things, the MTCU is responsible for delivering employment and training services to the public across the province and developing policy directions for employment and training.
What are you waiting for? Apply for membership today!